Here are some descriptions of general commands. You can get the list of the all
commands with a short description by
zenmake help or
To get help on selected command you
zenmake help <selected command> or
zenmake <selected command> --help. Some commands have short aliases.
For example you can use
bld instead of
- Configure the project. In most cases you don’t need to call this command
buildcommand calls this command by itself if necessary. This command processes most of values from buildconf of a project. Any change in buildconf leads to call of this command. You can change this behaviour with parameter
autoconfigin buildconf general features.
- Build the project in the current directory. It’s the main command. To see all
possible parameters use
zenmake help buildor
zenmake build --help. For example you can use
-vto see more info about building process or
-pto use progress bar instead of text logging. By default it calls the
configurecommand by itself if necessary.
- Build (if necessery) and run tests in the current directory. If the project
has no tests it’s almost the same as running the
testcommand builds and runs tests by default while the
- Build the project (if necessery) and run one executable target from the build directory. You can specify build task/target to run if the project has more than one executable targets or omit it if the project has only one executable target. To provide command line args directly to your program you can put them after ‘–’ in command line after all args for ZenMake. This command is for fast checking of the built project.
- Remove build files for selected
buildtypeof the project. It doesn’t touch other build files.
- Remove the build directory of the project with everything in it.
- Install the build targets in some destination directory using installation
prefix. It builds targets by itself if necessary.
You can control paths with environment variables
or command line parameters (see
zenmake help install). It looks like classic
make installin common.
- Remove the build targets installed with the